Robert Johnson in the house after the fire.
By SANCHESKA BROWN
Tribune Staff Reporter
A 54-year-old man is now homeless after a fire completely destroyed his house late Tuesday night.
Robert Johnson said he was visiting neighbours around 8pm when he was alerted that his Gladstone Road home was on fire.
“When I got there I met the house in flames and the fire truck was on the way. The house was completely destroyed. All my things are gone,” he said.
“I don’t understand how my house could catch on fire I have no electricity and no candles were burning. I don’t even live in that side of the house someone had to do this to me. This is all I have. “
Mr Johnson received superficial burns to his face and arms and was admitted to hospital, but discharged yesterday morning.
Director of Fire Services, Assistant Superintendent Walter Evans, said police do not suspect arson in the matter and investigations are continuing.