By LAMECH JOHNSON
Tribune Staff Reporter
MONDAY marked a third day that a jury hearing evidence in the trial concerning the murder of a Doris Johnson Senior High School student was excused from the proceedings for another 24 hours.
The 12-member jury panel for the trial of three accused teens - aged 18, 15 and 17 - had been told to return to the Supreme Court yesterday at 11am having been excused for Thursday and Friday morning’s court session due to legal discussions between Crown and defence counsel.
However, when they entered Justice Bernard Turner’s courtroom, they found that their presence would not be needed for another day.
“When you were last here and the court advised you to return at a particular time, unfortunately the process by which the court tries to determine the time by which you should return is not always accurate,” the judge said.
“Today, for various reasons that need not concern you, your presence here is not yet required until tomorrow (Tuesday) at 11,” the judge added, further apologising for the additional adjournment.
According to initial reports 16-year-old Adonai Wilson was stabbed multiple times on December 9, 2015, during an argument with several other students shortly after school was dismissed early because of exams. He died in hospital a short time later.
The incident took place around 2pm on Prince Charles Drive and a graphic cell phone video of the incident was spread on social media.
The teens have retained attorneys Murrio Ducille, Roberto Reckley and Ian Cargill to represent them. Kristan Stubbs and Bradford McKenzie are prosecuting for the Crown.