By PAVEL BAILEY
Tribune Court Reporter
A MAN on bail for murder was fined $2,500 in court on Monday after he admitted to breaching his curfew five times last month.
D’Quille Edgecombe, 27, appeared before Magistrate Samuel McKinney on five counts of violation of bail conditions.
Edgecombe faces a pending murder charge before the Supreme Court over the fatal shooting of Ricky Charlton, Jr, in Nassau Village on November 7, 2015.
Between January 21 and 30, it is said the defendant was found in breach of his residential curfew on five occasions.
Edgecombe faced an additional charge of possession of dangerous drugs as he was arrested on February 2 on being found with 2¼ oz of Indian Hemp.
In court, the accused pleaded guilty to all charges. Edgecombe told the magistrate that he broke curfew to charge his monitoring device as his current residence has no power.
The magistrate fined him $2,500 for the bail violations with an additional $500 fine or two months for the drug offence. Edgecombe was further placed on 18 months probation for which if he defaults carries a nine-month prison term. Before his release, the accused is expected to pay half of his total fine with the remainder to be paid by the end of the month.
Commenting has been disabled for this item.