Latest stories

Subscribe


Sarkis dismisses CCA’s $68m ‘over-budget’ claim

BAHA MAR’S original developer has accused the resort’s Chinese contractor of trying to rehash failed legal arguments as he dismissed its assertion that the project went “only $68m” over budget.

Andros resort to expand and become ‘big enough’

AN ANDROS resort owner yesterday unveiled plans to expand his second property by adding a boutique hotel and residential real estate, adding: “It’s very difficult to make 20 rooms work.”

$30m Andros renewable project bids to tackle casuarina invasion

A $30M Andros renewable project will “simultaneously” seek to solve the island’s casuarina pine tree invasion by incorporating biomass into its energy mix, a Cabinet minister revealed yesterday.


Vehicle importers pocketed client Excise Tax payments

CUSTOMS top official yesterday revealed that unscrupulous importers pocketed monies provided by clients to pay Excise Tax on imported vehicles in a scheme that abused Dorian-related tax breaks.

Tease photo

Western air suspends flights to Cat Island

A MAJOR Bahamian airline has suspended flights to Cat Island’s New Bight airport due to the “hazardous state” of a runway that has previously damaged aircraft and prevented yesterday’s scheduled take-off.

Tease photo

FBI assisting local police in search for missing American woman

THE US Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) has helped local police with its investigation into the disappearance of American Taylor Casey, 41.


Tease photo

‘Lack of transparency on Independence costs’

AS a new round of Independence Day celebrations nears, the cost of last year’s festivities is still unknown.

Tease photo

Govt reviewing conduct of revenue task force

OFFICIALS are reviewing how the Revenue Enhancement Task Force conducts itself when checking whether businesses are complying with the law after a video of law enforcement officers entering CBS Bahamas with guns on Monday went viral.

Tease photo

‘Courts must be safe’ urges Bahamas bar

THE Bahamas Bar Association called for greater security at the courts after Wednesday’s brazen shooting outside the Magistrate’s Court, saying court users were “seriously let down by the lack of security and persistent failure to take reasonable and necessary steps” to protect judicial officers and the wider public.


Tease photo

06272024 EDITION

Thursday, June 27, 2024

Tease photo

06272024 OBITUARIES

Thursday, June 27, 2024

Tease photo

Family tribute to woman struck by boat while swimming

The family of a woman who died when struck by a boat on June 22 has paid tribute to a "beloved daughter, sister and aunt".


Man shot in parking lot of court on Nassau Street

A CROWD dashed for safety as gunshots rang out in the parking lot of the Nassau Street Magistrate’s Court yesterday, where a man was shot multiple times and was taken to hospital where he is in serious, but stable condition.

Tease photo

MP relives memory of son’s death after accident

CENTRAL Grand Bahama MP Iram Lewis said he suffered a scary traffic accident earlier this month, a surreal experience that painfully reminded him of his son, who died in a traffic accident nine years ago.

Tease photo

Lockhart appears on Interpol red notice

AN Interpol red notice has been issued for former Exuma MP Elliot Lockhart, KC, who is wanted on two charges of stealing by reason of service and two charges of proceeds of criminal conduct.


Tease photo

Police continue investigation into missing American woman

POLICE have questioned several people about the disappearance of Chicago native Taylor Casey and will interview others today when they visit the site of the Sirvanada Ashram Yoga Retreat, Chief Superintendent of Police Chrislyn Skippings said yesterday.

Tease photo

Teen dies in traffic accident - bike missing

JAMESLY Richmond’s mother and cousin begged him not to buy a motorbike, fearing it would put him in danger and jeopardise his safety.

Tease photo

06262024 EDITION

Wednesday, June 26, 2024


Tease photo

Davis says he personally intervened to refuse work permits that weren't justified

PRIME Minister Philip “Brave” Davis said he has personally intervened to cancel work permits that were not “justified".

Tease photo

Officials consider response over missing woman

TOURISM Director General Latia Duncombe said Ministry of Tourism officials are meeting to determine the “best approach” to handle the negative consequences of the disappearance of an American woman.