Latest stories

Subscribe


Cruise passenger admits possession of cocaine

TWO MEN were fined in Magistrate’s Court yesterday for drug possession, one of them being an American cruise visitor. Yaveth Roman, 33, of Florida faced Magistrate Samuel McKinney on a charge of possession of dangerous drugs.

Tease photo

Homeless man jailed over stolen goods

A HOMELESS man was sentenced to four months in prison yesterday after admitting to possessing stolen goods he said he intended to sell for drugs.

Tease photo

Four face court over boy’s stabbing

FOUR teenagers were granted bail in Magistrate’s Court yesterday after they were accused of attacking and stabbing another teenage boy.


Tease photo

Teen accused of theft sent to girls centre

A GIRL was remanded to the Willamae Pratt Centre for Girls yesterday in connection with a series of thefts last month.

Battle 4 Atlantis all set to continue in paradise

COMING off an historic 2021 Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis that saw the return of its decade-long men’s tournament and the debut of its first-ever women’s tournament, the Atlantis resort has announced that the 2022 edition will continue in paradise.

Tease photo

Eleuthera Tennis Association elects new president

THE Eleuthera Tennis Association (ETA) held its annual general meeting and the new executive board consists of the following persons who ran unopposed:


Tease photo

Randall, Archer make impact with Dodge City Conquistadors

IN their debut season of college football, Mazio Randall and Amarie Archer have made an immediate impact as freshmen with the Dodge City Community College Conquistadors.

Tease photo

09072022 EDITION

Wednesday, 7th September, 2022.

Tease photo

ALICIA WALLACE: What they say is not what they will do

POLITICAL rhetoric, specifically about women’s rights, is repetitive and devoid of meaning beyond the indication that politicians do not care about any of it enough to take a clear position and use their political power to bring action.


Tease photo

Cooper apologises for GB restoration delay

APOLOGISING for the long delay in restoration in East Grand Bahama, Deputy Prime Minister Chester Cooper gave an assurance that assistance for home repairs and critical government services and infrastructure will be mobilised within weeks.

EDITORIAL: Were changes implemented after last fatal shark attack?

THE news of a fatal shark attack spread quickly yesterday.

Tease photo

Plan to build 300 homes in Abaco in next year

TRANSPORT and Housing Minister JoBeth Coleby-Davis said her ministry intends to construct some 300 homes in Abaco over the next year to help alleviate the housing crisis on the island.


Tease photo

Darville: No further relaxation of COVID rules

DESPITE the recent decrease in the number of active cases, Health and Wellness Minister Dr Michael Darville said there won’t be any further relaxations of COVID-19 restrictions.

Lobster volumes ‘up 30% or better’

Lobster catch volumes have increased by “30 percent or better” compared to 2021, a prominent fisherman said yesterday, although this has been offset by prices almost halving.

Tease photo

Developer: ‘We’ve gone above and beyond’ over environment

The Bahamian developer behind the proposed $63m Adelaide Pines project yesterday asserted that “we’ve gone above and beyond to make sure it’s environmentally sensitive” despite concerns the density is too high.


Symonette Andros mining proposal rejected by Gov’t

The Government has rejected the North Andros mining and land reclamation project proposed by the Symonette Group’s principal that would have created an initial 160 jobs and extra $100,00 per week spending impact.

CC Sweeting shuts early after electricity problem

AFTER classes at CC Sweeting Senior High School were dismissed early due electricity issues, Bahamas Union of Teachers (BUT) president Belinda Wilson said officials must fix the issue in the “shortest time”.

Tease photo

Tributes paid to Mike Mosko

THE local real estate community is mourning the death of well known Grand Bahama resident and businessman Mike Mosko, who died in Greece on Monday. He was 72.


Tease photo

Man shot dead as he checked on break-in

NEW Providence police are investigating a shooting  that left a man dead early yesterday.

Tease photo

‘Create task force for Abaco shanty towns’

NORTH Abaco MP Kirk Cornish wants government to create a special task force to deal with unregulated shanty towns on Abaco due to an increasing number of illegal communities springing up on the island.