Two walk free in 2016 killing
THE Court of Appeal yesterday overturned the murder and manslaughter sentences of two men accused of stabbing and killing another man in 2016, after the accused men argued that the trial judge failed to use his discretion when he allowed a statement from a witness who did not appear in court into evidence.
Too drunk to remember stealing cash from bar
A 48-year-old man was ordered to pay back a sum of money he stole from a bar earlier this year after he admitted to stealing the funds while he was under the influence of alcohol. Joseph Rolle appeared before Senior Magistrate Derence Rolle-Davis ch
Man charged with murder
A 23-year-old man was charged with murder in Magistrate’s Court yesterday. Shanfano Dean appeared before Senior Magistrate Derence Rolle-Davis charged with the murder of Jerone Thompson on March 28.According to initial police reports, shortly before
Restaurant pair admit trying to bribe police
TWO men were fined a collective $1,500 in Magistrate’s Court yesterday after they admitted to attempting to bribe two police officers to avoid being charged for operating a restaurant past the allotted time. Dennis Palomino, 51, and Michael Woodside,
Fine after admitting marijuana possession
A 20-year-old man was ordered to pay a $2,500 fine after he pleaded guilty to marijuana possession with the intent to supply in the Magistrate’s Court yesterday. Jacobee Black appeared before Senior Magistrate Derence Rolle-Davis after officers seiz
Man found dead with gunshot wounds
A MAN was found dead yesterday morning with a gunshot wound to the head. This comes after three people were killed last week. ASP Audley Peters told The Tribune the victim is in his late 30s, and is known to the police. However his identity was not
Jamaican man charged with possession of drugs
A JAMAICAN man was charged in Freeport last week with possession of dangerous drugs. George Anthony Ellis, 30, of St Andrew’s, Jamaica, pleaded guilty in Magistrate’s Court to the drug possession charge and was ordered to pay a fine of $400. After p
Defendant thanks jury after he's found not guilty of murder
CARLOS Brown is now a free man after a Supreme Court jury yesterday found him not guilty of murdering Renaldo Bullard in 2018. Mr Brown was accused of shooting and killing the man, before burying his body in a shallow grave on a piece of property hi
Emergency powers are still in effect - Bethel
ATTORNEY General Carl Bethel said the emergency powers and the state of emergency declaration are still in full effect and accused anyone saying the contrary of exposing Bahamians to harm. “I wish to advise the Bahamian people that there is absolute
Jamaican 'hitman' is captured in Grand Bahama hotel
A REPUTED Jamaican “hit man” was captured and arrested at a hotel in Lucaya, Grand Bahama on Wednesday. The man, according to Bahamian authorities, is a notorious fugitive with ties to a known gang in Jamaica known as No Dollars No Cents and is a kn
Witness heard shots and says he saw the accused with a gun
A JURY yesterday listened to the closing arguments from Crown and defence counsel on whether an accused man shot and killed another man who was found in a shallow grave on an undeveloped plot of land in 2018. The panel is expected to decide the fate
Two men face murder charges
TWO 35-year-old men were charged in the Magistrate’s Court with murdering another man last week. Marcello McKenzie and Jamaal Armbrister appeared before Magistrate Derence Rolle-Davis yesterday charged with the death of Godfrey Sawyer on June 28. Ac
Six women arrested after video of fight on Grand Bahama
SIX women were arrested in Grand Bahama on Thursday after videos of them circulated on social media showing them displaying aggressive conduct near a business on the island.
Man jailed after pleading guilty to causing damage
THE Magistrate’s court sent a 20-year-old man to jail for 18 months on Friday after he pleaded guilty to causing damage to a man’s home.
Three accused of assault
TWO teenagers and a man were remanded to prison on Friday to await trial after they were accused of assaulting three men last week with a deadly weapon.


