Promises by FNM left unfulfilled
A NUMBER of Free National Movement promises made during the previous general election campaign remained unfulfilled when Prime Minister Dr Hubert Minnis called an early election last week.
Bannister: We are still monitoring shanty towns
WORKS Minister Desmond Bannister has said his ministry continues to monitor the development of unregulated shanty towns across the country and is ready to act as soon as an opportunity presents itself.
‘Competent authority to say’ over quarantined voters
NATIONAL Security Minister Marvin Dames, who has responsibility for elections, said the competent authority will have to say how and whether people in quarantine can vote in the upcoming general election.
Cabinet members defend early election call by PM
SEVERAL Cabinet ministers yesterday defended Prime Minister Dr Hubert Minnis’ decision to call an early election against criticism that it could further exacerbate the existing COVID crisis.
Wells: No plans to reimpose lockdown in COVID fight
DESPITE calls for stricter COVID-19 measures, Health Minister Renward Wells insisted yesterday the government has no plans to reimpose another COVID-19 lockdown to fight the current surge of infections.
Davis sets ‘debate me’ challenge
PROGRESSIVE Liberal Party leader Philip “Brave” Davis has challenged Prime Minister Dr Hubert Minnis to a national debate before next month’s general election.
Former PMs question early election
FORMER Prime Minister Hubert Ingraham said a consistent election date is necessary to ensure people are properly advised and prepared for a general election.
Parties say blueprints are ‘in the works’
WITH the 2021 general election less than a month away, major political parties say blueprints of their plans are in the works and will soon be released.
30k may be voting in early poll
ACTING Parliamentary Commissioner Lavado Duncanson announced yesterday that the advanced poll for the next general election will be held on September 9 - with about 30,000 people eligible to take part.
Billboards up and Grand Bahama campaign has begun
ELECTION billboards and political paraphernalia are out in Grand Bahama where five constituency seats are up grabs.
FNM candidate stands down
THE Free National Movement has replaced its general election candidate for Mangrove Cay, Central and South Andros, Kenneth Smith, with 31-year-old D’Angelo Ferguson.
PM urges public to take COVID-19 vaccine
PRIME Minister Dr Hubert Minnis once again urged residents to take the COVID-19 vaccine during a national address on Sunday night.
FNM Chairman defends PM's election decision
FREE National Movement Chairman Carl Culmer on Friday defended Prime Minister Dr Hubert Minnis’ decision to call an early election as COVID-19 strains the country's healthcare system, saying: “COVID ain' going anywhere.”
Okay folks, the race is on. There’s one thing to decide . . . WHO DO WE TRUST?
PRIME Minister Dr Hubert Minnis announced an early election yesterday after Governor General Sir C A Smith dissolved Parliament, a step he said is needed to ensure the next administration has the mandate to address the major economic and health challenges ahead.
Health worker sick-out goes into eighth day
WITH yesterday marking the eighth day of a staff sick out affecting public health services, Health Minister Renward Wells said officials are in discussions with unions.


