THREE people are expected to be charged with murder in connection with the disappearance of Eleuthera woman Katrina Kelly.
Police said two men, ages 31 and 34, and a 43-year-old woman are scheduled to appear before the Magistrate's Court at noon today.
The trio will be arraigned on charges of murder, damage of property and compounding a crime.
Police said the charges stem from investigations into the disappearance of Ms Kelly, who was reported missing on Friday, August 14, after vanishing from the settlement of Bluff, Eleuthera.
The announcement comes just two days after Ms Kelly's relatives publicly rejected false reports circulating on social media claiming that her body had been found.
At the time, police told family members they had found nothing to substantiate the rumours, and relatives continued to express hope that she would be found alive.
Ms Kelly, an assistant manager at Pink Sands Hotel who also operated a car rental business, was last seen after leaving her Bluff home between 9pm and 10pm.
Her 11-year-old daughter previously told The Tribune that her mother said she was going to drop off friends and pick up food before leaving the house.
The child said she later saw three dark figures get out of a vehicle and speak with her mother before Ms Kelly left with them. She has not been seen or heard from since.
The disappearance prompted an extensive search effort involving police, volunteers and divers, while rewards totalling more than $52,000 were offered for information that could help locate her.
Family members had also appealed to the public to stop spreading unverified reports about Ms Kelly's fate, saying the false claims had compounded their anguish during the search.




Comments
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Sign in to comment
OpenID