One man dead and two others injured in East St shooting
A man was killed and two others — a man and a woman — were injured in a shooting on East Street yesterday.
Abaco businessman crash lands plane west of Treasure Cay Abaco
ABACO businessman Troy Cornea was flying to Florida to visit family with his two beloved dogs yesterday morning when the engine of his single-engine Piper PA32 failed mid-air, forcing him to make a dramatic emergency landing in a marsh west of Treasure Cay.
Concerns over court’s ruling
LAWYERS across The Bahamas scrambled yesterday to assess the fallout from a major Court of Appeal decision that declared judgements delivered by retired Supreme Court judges unconstitutional.
Kids learn steps they can take to defend against climate crisis impacts
Minister of Social Services Myles LaRoda, hailed the hosting of the annual Camp Climate Action summer youth programmne as highly beneficial to the campers, their families and communities.
Govt plans to resume shanty town demolitions on Eleuthera soon
THE government will soon resume demolishing unregulated structures in New Providence as part of its ongoing nationwide crackdown on illegal settlements, Works and Family Island Affairs Minister Clay Sweeting said Wednesday.
ERIC WIBERG: The lighthouse and shipwrecks of Cay Sal
“A bioligically impoverished, physically controlled environment” is how Walter Goldberg described Cay Sal Bank in his 1983 Smithsonian study.
DIANE PHILLIPS: World through a different lens
Dawn we wake, we open our eyes to a world we create.
Op-Ed: Emancipation and the Enduring Bridge Between The Bahamas and South Africa
Honorary Consul of the Republic of South Africa to The Bahamas
Clubs & Societies July 31st, 2025
Friday, July 31st, 2025
Team Bahamas 3rd at 37th Caribbean Amateur Junior Golf Championships
Maddisson Carroll picked up the Kenneth Francis individual trophy and combined with fourth place finisher Haley Hill to capture the girls’ 15-and-under division at the 37th Caribbean Amateur Junior Golf Championships.
Man accused of attempted murder
A MAN was remanded to prison yesterday after being accused of attempted murder in New Providence while armed with a rifle.
Abaco taxi driver accused of groping tourist
A TAXI driver was granted bail yesterday after being accused of groping an American tourist in Abaco last month.
Man gets 30 months jail for unlicenced gun
A MAN was sentenced to 30 months in prison yesterday after admitting he kept an unlicenced gun in his home on Matthew Street earlier this week.
Three years prison for attempted break-in
A MAN was sentenced to three years in prison yesterday after admitting he tried to break into a woman’s home on West Avenue last week.
Woman says sexual harassment faced often in Bahamas modelling industry
A FACEBOOK post alleging sexual harassment during a fashion photoshoot has ignited fresh concern over exploitation in The Bahamas’ modelling community.
Genesis calls warning from JCNP ‘oppressive’
THE Genesis Junkanoo group says it was threatened with suspension and possible expulsion by the Junkanoo Corporation of New Providence (JCNP) after expressing interest in joining the upcoming Fox Hill Day Emancipation Rush, prompting Youth, Sports and Culture Minister Mario Bowleg to describe the threat as “going back to slavery.”
DJ Ovadose: How a lifelong love of music took him around the world
AT just 11 years old, Jasper “DJ Ovadose” Thomas was hunched over a computer, juggling two YouTube tabs to mimic the thrill of mixing music.
Govt announces Agrarian Awards including over $50,000 in prizes
THE Ministry of Agriculture and Marine Resources, in partnership with the Agricultural Development Organisation (ADO), launched the 2025 Agrarian Awards yesterday at Atlantis Paradise Island, announcing more than $50,000 in prizes to be presented on October 18.
Two charged in Exuma hit-and-run boat accident
TWO men have been charged in connection with the hit-and-run boating accident which left an American tourist critically injured while snorkelling off Tar Bay Beach in Exuma on June 30.
RBDF returns marine accused of abusing children at a Rangers programme to detention
A ROYAL Bahamas Defence Force marine accused of abusing children in the Rangers summer programme has been returned to detention at the Coral Harbour base after being released when his initial eight‑day confinement expired.


