13 stolen shotguns recovered
POLICE have recovered 13 shotguns stolen from Abaco Hardware sometime before the passage of Hurricane Dorian.National Security Minister Marvin Dames told The Tribune yesterday officers are still searching for seven more guns on the island.“Officers r
Plane in emergency diversion
A JetBlue aircraft made an emergency diversion to Lynden Pindling International Airport yesterday due to mechanical concerns with the aircraft.
Medicine, food, refrigerators lost to daily BPL load shedding
ASSISTED living facilities and non-profit organisations dedicated to fight hunger in New Providence have lost medication, food and refrigerators due to daily load shedding exercises by Bahamas Power and Light. Phillip Poitier, proprietor of Gourmet
US 'saved more than 200 lives' after Dorian
THE “heroic efforts” of the United States Coast Guard and Customs and Border Protection saved more than 200 lives in the aftermath of Hurricane Dorian, according to a press release from the US Embassy in Nassau. The press release added that hurrican
Field hospital set up
A STATE-of-the-art field hospital on Grand Bahama was set to become operational yesterday to provide healthcare services in Freeport while Rand Memorial Hospital closes down and undergoes sanitisation and decontamination. Hospital Administrator Shar
'We will rebuild Grand Bahama'
BOTH the government and the Grand Bahama Port Authority yesterday pledged to rebuild the storm-ravaged island as critical needs for housing and basic relief remain high.The level of desperation on Grand Bahama is widespread. GBPA executive director R
'Opposition can assist with recovery effort'
PROGRESSIVE Liberal Party leader Phillip ‘Brave’ Davis has called on the government to recall parliament so the opposition can “assist in the governance” of Hurricane Dorian recovery efforts. Speaking at a PLP press conference yesterday, Mr Davis sa
'No intention' of granting evacuees provisional asylum
THE government has no intention of granting provisional asylum to undocumented migrants nor does it plan to meet with Haitian officials at this stage over concerns that have emanated in the wake of Hurricane Dorian.This is according to Immigration Mi
'We lost Marsh Harbour. We lost Treasure Cay'
ACROSS the country, many Bahamians are answering the call to provide aid to the thousands of individuals who were adversely impacted by Hurricane Dorian. One of them is Dr John Hull. Days after Hurricane Dorian ravaged Abaco and its surrounding cays
Displaced children to go to New Providence schools
ALL children who have displaced by Hurricane Dorian and are currently in New Providence will be placed in new schools by the Ministry of Education, National Emergency Management Agency spokesperson Carl Smith confirmed yesterday. Mr Smith, during a
$10,000 fine for illegally using fishing apparatus
A Bahamian fishing boat captain was fined $10,000 for using illegal fishing apparatus to catch over $20,000 worth of fisheries in the Cay Sal Bank area.Senior Magistrate Carolyn Vogt-Evans fined 26-year-old Jeffrey Jolly for admitting to using an air
Girl was 'disturbed' after alleged sex with reservist
A POLICE officer yesterday testified how a teenage girl’s demeanour notably changed from upbeat to “disturbed” after allegedly having sex with a police reservist at a police station last year. Sergeant Lakeisha Bain said the 14-year-old was not the
Baptist community 'will do a lot more to help'
LOOKING at the devastation left by Hurricane Dorian, Rev Dr Lloyd Smith said the Bahamas National Baptist Missionary and Educational Convention will do a lot more to help out the people of Abaco and Grand Bahama. As promised on Monday, newly elected
Japan donates aid
THE government of Japan donated hurricane relief goods to the Bahamas yesterday. The donation included 50 tents, 1,000 foldable tanks, 30 water storage tanks, 100 plastic sheets and 2,600 blankets to be dispatched immediately to hurricane victims in



