Two injured after shooting
TWO men are in hospital after they were shot on Sunday night. Shortly after 10pm, two men were standing outside a home on First Street, Coconut Grove, when occupants of a silver Honda vehicle opened fire in their direction, hitting both of them befo
Replacement passports at New Providence
STORM victims of Grand Bahama and Abaco who need to renew or replace their passport which was damaged or lost during Hurricane Dorian can do so by visiting the Passport Office in New Providence. Fees for the renewal or replacement of passports for s
Suspect accused of killing after hurricane
A MAN was arraigned in Grand Bahama yesterday accused of killing another man last Wednesday when the island was reeling from the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Dorian. The Freeport resident was brought into a makeshift court at the new Sir Albert
Free tuition offer for displaced students
IN the wake of Hurricane Dorian, Hampton University in Virginia is offering free tuition, room and board to displaced students at the University of The Bahamas’ Northern Campus for the upcoming fall semester. UB released a statement on Sunday, expre
Teachers continue protest over Carlton Francis principal
THE first day of school at Carlton Francis Primary School was marred by further tensions between the school’s principal and the 30 teachers who protested on the school’s grounds yesterday. Vernon Rodgers, Bahamas Union of Teachers area vice-presiden
Families left in mourning after series of shootings
SEVERAL families are grieving after their loved ones were murdered in five separate shootings over the weekend.While police have released scant details about the spate of violence, The Tribune spoke to relatives of the deceased who are trying to unde
Man faces murder charge
A 27-year-old man was charged yesterday with murdering another man two weeks ago. Hugh Tyler-Bowe was arraigned before Chief Magistrate Joyann Ferguson-Pratt over allegations he murdered Jarvis Butler on August 30. Bowe was not required to enter a
Man drowns at Sea Breeze
A MAN reportedly drowned in the Sea Breeze Canal on Sunday. According to police, shortly after 6pm a group of males were sitting on the edge of the Sea Breeze Canal when another male came there and dove into the water. After he had not surfaced, the
Police reserves denies raping girl at police station
RESERVE Sergeant Dwayne Decosta denied raping a teenage girl over four times his junior during his initial record of interview with police last year, jurors heard yesterday. The 56-year-old denied assertions by Inspector Altida Bowles at the time th
John 'Chippie' Chipman dies age 90
JOHN “Chippie” Chipman, the iconic Bahamian entertainer, died yesterday at 90, his family said.
NEMA: No new arrangements for Bahamians to enter US
NATIONAL Emergency Management Agency officials emphasised Monday that no special arrangements have been made to facilitate the entry of Bahamians affected by Hurricane Dorian into the United States.
Police and defence force officers bring security
MORE than 900 Bahamian police and defence force officers are on the ground in Abaco and Grand Bahama, according to the Office of the Prime Minister, which said the necessary resources are being provided to ensure safety and security on those island.
Four dead, nine injured in New Providence shootings
FOUR people are dead and another nine injured following five separate shooting incidents in undisclosed areas of New Providence over the weekend.
Headknowles suspension lifted
HEADKNOWLES founders yesterday confirmed that GoFundMe had temporarily suspended its crowd funding account, but the issue has now been rectified.



