$10m needed to complete building of sports stadium
MORE than $10m of the Ministry of Works’ capital budget will be spent to complete the Andre Rodgers Baseball Stadium in the upcoming fiscal year. According to Minister of Works Desmond Bannister yesterday, $10,070,065.53 is committed to the project,
We'll prosecute non-payers, says NIB chief Rolle
DELINQUENT employers who owe the National Insurance Board up to $17m in contributions “just ignored” pay agreements and commitments, according to Public Service Minister Brensil Rolle.
We are taking our job seriously, insists marijuana commission
BAHAMAS National Commission on Marijuana Co-Chairs Quinn McCartney and Bishop Simeon Hall yesterday insisted their Cabinet-appointed body was not on a fool’s errand.
D'Aguilar blasts Hanna Martin for her defence of 2017 Western Air rental agreement
TOURISM and Aviation Minister Dionisio D’Aguilar yesterday blasted Englerston MP Glenys Hanna Martin for her defence of rental agreement she signed with Western Air back in 2017, accusing his predecessor of trying to shirk “a very bad deal”.
Alleged rape victim paid $2,000 for fake marriage, court is told
THE Jamaican woman at the heart of a rape allegation involving a senior immigration officer allegedly admitted to paying her would-be husband $2,000 to marry her, according to a police interview of the accused.
I’LL NEVER BELIEVE THEY JUST DROWNED: Father convinced ‘simple accident’ deaths not credible
THE father of Blair John, one of two Bahamian men found dead in an Italian river earlier this month, said he does not accept autopsy results that state his son died by drowning.
Lawyers angry over DPP’s expat hirings
THE Judicial and Legal Services Commission has appointed a Nigerian and a Ugandan to top level positions at the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
Ragged Island rebuild now up to $12m
WORKS Minister Desmond Bannister defended the government’s decision to spend millions of dollars on infrastructure at Ragged Island, telling Parliament it came down to a matter of “life and death” for residents.
Drive-by killer suspect charged
A 27-year-old man was charged yesterday with murdering a 21-year-old man during a drive-by shooting in the Bain Town area last week that was captured on surveillance video.
Two stabbings and one shooting under investigation
POLICE are investigating several acts of violence that occurred in New Providence on Monday, including a shooting and two separate stabbings.
Police name stabbed juvenile, 16
THE minor who was fatally stabbed at a night spot in Freeport this week has been officially identified as 16-year-old Joshua Davis, of Carissa Street, according to police.
18 Haitian nationals arrested
IMMIGRATION officials conducted an operation in New Providence at approximately 5am on Monday which resulted in the arrest of 18 Haitian nationals.
School fires will mean budget adjustments
EDUCATION Minister Jefferey Lloyd yesterday suggested “adjustments” will be made to allocations in his ministry’s budget to address repairs needed at the Anatol Rodgers and Huntley P Christie high schools after separate fires earlier this month. In
Mystic Marlins enjoy grand tour
ROYAL Caribbean Cruise Line gave the Doris Johnson Mystic Marlins basketball team a free tour of the Majesty of the Seas yesterday along with lunch and a fun-filled day on board the ship. This was a reward for winning the 2019 Hugh Campbell Basketba
Arriving shortly - a unified public transportation project
CABINET has agreed in principle to launch a unified public transportation pilot project for route 17 with the United Public Transportation Company Limited, Transport and Local Government Minister Renward Wells announced during his budget contribution in the House of Assembly yesterday.


