Man pleads guilty to theft
A 28-year-old Grand Bahama man pleaded guilty in front of three different magistrates in Freeport yesterday on multiple charges of theft from employers and could face up to six and half years in prison.
Two remanded in murder trials
TWO men were remanded to prison yesterday after being arraigned in connection with two separate murders.
Saluting the best
THE Ministry of Education officially launched the National Education Good Practice (NEGP) Awards yesterday, an award system that promotes excellence in education.
Two held for causing harm
ABACO Police have two men in custody after arresting them for causing harm and possession of drugs.
Countdown to Carnival
NASSAU’S Western Esplanade resounded to the sound and colour of Bahamas Junkanoo Carnival on Saturday afternoon and evening as the public enjoyed a sense of what is to come in May at the official launch of this year’s event.
Police hunting for two suspects after armed robberies
POLICE are searching for two men responsible for committing an armed robbery over the weekend.
‘DON’T MAKE SCAPEGOATS OF STUDENTS’
AN outspoken lawyer has slammed the government’s plan to take court action against delinquent borrowers in order to collect outstanding student loans, accusing the Christie administration of seeking to “make struggling students the scapegoat of its dysfunctional tax regimes”.
SENATOR’S PUBLIC APOLOGY IS ‘TOO LITTLE TOO LATE’ SAYS MP
THE public apology Free National Movement Senator Lanisha Rolle made to her colleagues last week after previously criticising them attracted mixed reactions from FNM parliamentarians, with one saying it’s “too little too late.”
KILLING OF TIGER SHARK CONDEMNED BY BNT
THE Bahamas National Trust has “strongly” condemned the “targeted culling and ruthless killing” of a mature tiger shark in the Exuma Cays late last week.
DOCTORS WANT DELAY FOR NHI INTRODUCTION
THE head of the Consultant Physician Staff Association praised the government yesterday for engaging doctors on National Health Insurance in recent weeks, but still said the scheme likely will not come on stream in April as the government plans.
Baha Mar fury at Pointe claim
BAHA Mar’s former President Tom Dunlap has hit out at China Construction America (CCA), accusing the company’s Senior Vice President Daniel Liu of being a part of an organisation that gave little attention to Baha Mar.
Five held for gaming breach
FIVE people were arrested in Grand Bahama for breach of the Lottery and Gaming Act and possession of dangerous drugs on Friday, police reported.
The secret’s out - for one $1,000 winner
PANDORA Knowles is the first winner of the 100 JAMZ Secret Sound, which has returned to the airwaves with big money prizes courtesy of Island Luck.
World records set by divers
THE Bahamas took centre stage in the world of competitive diving last week, as two Kuwaiti divers - Reem Aleidan, a certified scuba instructor, and Mubarak Abuhaimad - set world records for the longest shark dives by a female and male respectively.
$50,000 grant to protect conch
THE Bahamas National Trust (BNT) has received a third $50,000 grant from The Moore Bahamas Foundation (MBF) to support its work to protect the rapidly declining population of the iconic Queen Conch.
Video
- Prime Minister Philip Davis predicts his party's return to government in the 2026 general election
- Police car on store premises
- Liquor being sold at a store
- New Providence ahead of the lockdown
- Video of Parliament disruption
- The disruption in Parliament
- Second video of fire at Bimini BPL
- Video of fire at Bimini BPL
- Second video of Bimini BPL blaze
- Video of fire at Bimini BPL


