Local News

Subscribe

Tease photo

Teen girl accused of fraud

Yesterday a teenage girl was held in custody until Monday for sentencing after admitting to defrauding a food delivery company of $1,950.

Online portal to help civil servants

THE Department of Transformation and Digitisation, which falls under the remit of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, has launched its new ICT self-service portal as a part of its efforts to enhance efficiency in the delivery of government services.

Tease photo

School and BREEF win global contest

GRAND Bahama’s Bishop Michael Eldon School’s vertical hydroponics garden project has been named as one of five global winners of the Foundation of Environmental Education GAIA 20:30 Biodiversity Campaign Best Practice Competition.

Tease photo

Dead fish in video 'probably from catch that was dumped'

A VIDEO of scores of dead fish scattered ashore on Delaporte Beach made the rounds on social media yesterday causing concern.

Tease photo

Nurses celebrate as new agreement signed

THE Bahamas Nurses Union was yesterday in celebratory mode with the signing of a new industrial agreement between the BNU and the Public Hospitals Authority, giving them a retention bonus and salary increases.

Tease photo

Five-year industrial agreement signed by Public Managers Union

AFTER two years of contention between both parties, the National Insurance Board and Public Managers Union signed a five-year industrial agreement yesterday.

Tease photo

Frustration as roadworks continue on Village Road

WITH the Village Road Improvement Project still underway some local businesses and motorists are frustrated with the continued inconvenience of the road repairs.

Tease photo

Sands criticises Mitchell for his ‘early morning emotional rants’

FREE National Movement Chairman Dr Duane Sands has called on his counterpart in the Progressive Liberal Party to use his platform to update the public on the government’s accomplishments instead of going on “early morning emotional rants”.

Abaco Chamber concern over illegal dwellings

NEARLY three years after Hurricane Dorian decimated Abaco and its surrounding cays, portions of the island continue to be challenged by the proliferation of illegal dwellings and unreliable utilities.

Families run out of time to claim bodies

FAMILIES of the migrants who died in the failed human smuggling tragedy last month had until yesterday to claim the bodies of their loved ones, said activist Louby Georges.

Tease photo

Boy drowns on Abaco beach

A BOY drowned in Abaco, just days after Minister of Education Glenys Hanna Martin announced that the government would introduce swimming lessons in public schools this year.

Tease photo

'Concern’ about events

DESPITE a concern about recent crowded events held in New Providence, Health and Wellness Minister Dr Michael Darville said officials are preparing to discontinue the need for the emergency operations centre to approve events.

WSC on alert after threat to worker

OFFICIALS at the Water and Sewerage Corporation are on “heightened alert” after a threatening letter was sent to an employee, according to WSC consultant Loretta Butler-Turner.

Tease photo

1,200 more hurricane victims have asked govt for help

AN additional 1,200 hurricane victims have sought assistance from government according to Myles Laroda, Minister of State in the Office of the Prime Minister.

Tease photo

$3m more for Family Islands health

FACED with deficiencies in public healthcare in the Family Islands, Health and Wellness Minister Dr Michael Darville said officials will beef up manpower resources to at least $3m.