Defence Force extends condolences to family of murdered marine
THE Royal Bahamas Defence Force has extended condolences to the family of Marine Seaman Joevonte Miller, who was murdered on Thursday night.
‘We have not been consulted by govt on marijuana legislation’
HIGH priest Rithmond McKinney said the Davis administration has not consulted with his community regarding their sacramental rights as officials move to finalise legislation that will regulate medical cannabis and industrial hemp industries.
Technical problems delay report card collection
THE Ministry of Education has announced a delay in report card collection at all public schools due to technical challenges with the ministry’s Learning Management System.
$500,000 for women’s shelter
THE government has allocated $500,000 for a new women’s shelter, it was revealed in the Senate.
Red Cross award for Abaco woman
THE Bahamas Red Cross Society has named Christine Lightbourne as the first Bahamian recipient of the Henry Dunant Medal.
Leader award for Bahamian farmer
BAHAMIAN farmer Deon Gibson, an agricultural enthusiast, has been recognised as a “Leader of Rurality”.
Lightning strike hits water supplies
WATER and Sewerage customers residing in central, southern and eastern New Providence may experience periods of reduced water pressure over the next 24 hours.
‘Why hire these new contract workers?’
A FREE National Movement senator yesterday questioned increased funding in the Davis administration’s 2022/2023 Budget for contract workers.
Union says system has failed schools
BAHAMAS Union of Teachers has said that the Ministry of Education must admit that its Learning Management System has failed teachers and students, as it called for an operable virtual platform to be implemented.
Defence Force officer murdered
POLICE are trying to piece together the circumstances surrounding the murder of a serving Royal Bahamas Defence Force officer last night.
CUBAN MIGRANTS LEAD NEW WAVE OF REFUGEES: Pinder warns numbers now heading our way is ‘through the roof’
ATTORNEY General Ryan Pinder said officials are seeing an influx of Cuban migrants into the country in higher numbers than before.
Boy’s home escapee ‘made gun threat’
A 16-YEAR-OLD boy was sent to the Bahamas Department of Correctional Services after escaping Simpson Penn School for Boys and threatening a man with a gun.
One more death from COVID recorded
THE Bahamas has recorded another 77 COVID-19 cases and one death, according to the Ministry of Health & Wellness.
Capital Group gives $50k to youth education
TO celebrate its fifth year in business, IX Capital donated $50,000 for youth education in Financial Services.
Juveniles put on probation for gay slurs and throwing rocks
TWO male juveniles were put on a year’s probation by a Magistrate’s Court yesterday for hurling rocks and homophobic slurs at a man last year.


