Local News

Subscribe

Tease photo

Two more charged over drive-by shooting

TWO more men were charged yesterday with murdering a 21-year-old man during a drive-by shooting that was captured on surveillance video two weeks ago. Jahman Delancy and Rashad Clarke appeared before Chief Magistrate Joyann Ferguson-Pratt concerning

Tease photo

Hall-Watson: McAlpine embarrassing FNM

SENATE Vice President Dr Mildred Hall-Watson slammed Pineridge MP Frederick McAlpine during her contribution yesterday for attempting “to demean, disrespect and embarrass the Free National Movement.” In the Senate, Dr Mildred Hall-Watson said that s

Tease photo

Man faces $16,000 fine after pleading guilty to firearm offences

A MAN who pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm and ammunition at his arraignment in the Freeport Magistrate’s Court yesterday was fined $16,000 or, in default he must spend 18 months in prison. Kingsley Cooper, 28, of Scott Avenue, appeared bef

Tease photo

17-year-old charged with murder of 16-year-old

A 17-year-old boy was charged with murder in the Freeport Magistrate’s Court yesterday. The minor, who was accompanied by his mother in court, is accused of the stabbing death of 16-year-old Joshua Davis, of Carissa Street, Freeport. The juvenile a

Tease photo

UPDATED: Initial police report about Mdeez death was wrong

UPDATE: THE initial police report about how popular singer Devon “Mdeez” Knight died was wrong, Police Commissioner Anthony Ferguson confirmed Monday, three days after the homicide.

Tourists airlifted for treatment after Eleuthera tour bus crash

A number of tourists were airlifted to New Providence and South Florida hospitals for medical treatment following a serious traffic accident in South Eleuthera Monday morning.

Tease photo

Italian two: ’Deaths accidental’

ITALIAN police have concluded that the deaths of two Bahamian men in Italy this month were accidental, according to Italian media reports.

Tease photo

‘We want murder rate down to 85’

THE Minnis administration wants to reduce the number of murders to 85 by 2021 while reducing the average time it takes to get a business licence from 30 days to 24 hours.

Tease photo

Make Andros centre of Bahamas, urges Sears

FORMER Attorney General Alfred Sears has articulated a bold plan to make Andros the political capital of the country. In a new piece, he argues that focusing on Andros could spur Bahamians to design a capital city that embraces Bahamian designs and

Tease photo

'AG's office and police have a conflict of interest over cannabis prosecutions'

THE police and the Attorney General’s Office have “a conflict” over prosecution of cannabis possession and intent to supply, according to former Minister of State for National Security Keith Bell.Mr Bell told participants in a public forum last week

Tease photo

Police seize five illegal firearms

POLICE seized five illegal firearms in two separate incidents on Friday and have taken two adult males into custody. In the first incident, according to reports, shortly after 1pm two American males arrived on New Providence at Jet Aviation, Lynden

Tease photo

Grand opening for Silver Gates

FIFTEEN parks and basketball courts in the Over-the-Hill community have been identified for restoration as part of the government’s plan to enhance and redevelop parks and green spaces throughout New Providence, said Prime Minister Dr Hubert Minnis.D

Tease photo

Two men in hospital after shootings

TWO men are in hospital after they were shot in separate incidents over the weekend, according to police. In the first incident, a man was walking on Malvern Road in the Yellow Elder Gardens area shortly after 7pm Friday, when he was approached by a

Tease photo

Marine conservation workshop focused on regulation

THE Royal Bahamas Defence Force, in collaboration with the Bahamas Reef Environment Educational Foundation, held a closing ceremony on Friday for its second annual law enforcement marine conservation workshop.

Tease photo

Final changing of the guard ceremony for Governor General Dame Marguerite Pindling

GOVERNOR General Dame Marguerite Pindling attended her final Royal Bahamas Defence Force changing of the guard ceremony at Government House on Friday.