Valley Boys make it a three-peat
THE VALLEY Boys can now officially boast of winning “three straight” after the group narrowly pulled off another victory at the New Year’s Day Junkanoo Parade.
Man held after rape attack on US tourist
POLICE have a 26-year-old man in custody in connection with the alleged rape of an American tourist over the weekend.
Two dead, nine fight for lives
TWO men are dead and nine other people are fighting for their lives in hospital after a spree of shooting incidents in the capital over the New Year’s holiday weekend.
Minnis calls on govt to declare a ‘war on guns’
FREE National Movement Leader Dr Hubert Minnis has called on the government to declare a “war on guns” and establish a dedicated intelligence gathering facility to partner with the international community for this purpose.
Man shot in Grand Bahama
A MAN who was shot in Grand Bahama on New Year’s Day was treated and discharged by doctors at the Rand Memorial Hospital, according to police.
Police seek motorist over hit-and-run death
POLICE are on the hunt for a motorist who “ran over” a man on a motorcycle and “left him for dead”.
PM says PR campaign to be launched for NHI
WITH registration for the government’s National Health Insurance plan to start this month, Prime Minister Perry Christie said the nation should expect a “major public relations campaign” to be launched in “short order”.
DNA blasts PLP for failing to meet CLICO promise
DNA Leader Branville McCartney yesterday slammed the Christie administration for failing to honour its December 31, 2015 deadline to provide a resolution for the thousands of CLICO (Bahamas) policyholders who lost millions of dollars when the company collapsed.
5,000 illegal migrants repatriated in 2015, says minister of immigration
MORE than 5,000 illegal immigrants were repatriated to their homeland in 2015, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Immigration Fred Mitchell said Thursday, adding that the Department of Immigration is bracing for an even tougher year in 2016.
Govt ‘knew of memories resort manager’s behaviour for months’
CENTRAL Grand Bahama MP Neko Grant claimed that the government was aware since last June of the alleged unacceptable behaviour of the general manager at Memories Resort, but had done nothing about it.
Wilchcombe: Carnival will learn lessons
TOURISM Minister Obie Wilchcombe yesterday hit back at FNM Deputy Leader Peter Turnquest for suggesting that this year’s Bahamas Junkanoo Carnival will be another “big party but economic failure”.
Police in Exuma make major drug seizure
Twenty pounds of marijuana were seized by police in Exuma on Saturday afternoon.
One dead, three in hospital after East Bay Street shooting
One man is dead and three others are in hospital after a shooting early on Sunday morning.
THE TRIBUNE'S TOP 5: Year in review
Khrisna Virgil looks back at the top five stories that made the news in 2015.
Man dies from stabbing injury
A 38-year-old man died in hospital on Friday from a stabbing injury he received last month.
Video
- Prime Minister Philip Davis predicts his party's return to government in the 2026 general election
- Police car on store premises
- Liquor being sold at a store
- New Providence ahead of the lockdown
- Video of Parliament disruption
- The disruption in Parliament
- Second video of fire at Bimini BPL
- Video of fire at Bimini BPL
- Second video of Bimini BPL blaze
- Video of fire at Bimini BPL


