Davis: GB needs ten times funds govt has pledged
PROGRESSIVE Liberal Party Leader Phillip “Brave” Davis has called on the Minnis administration to increase the available funding for storm-ravaged Grand Bahama to $100m.
Gibson bribery trial delayed
THE anticipated start of former PLP Cabinet minister Shane Gibson’s bribery trial was put off yesterday due to the development of certain preliminary legal issues, The Tribune confirmed.
'More storms like Dorian' warns UN secretary general
UNITED Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres sounded the alarm on climate change at the UN’s Climate Action Summit yesterday, saying images of Hurricane Dorian’s destruction in Grand Bahama and Abaco will be seen more frequently if action is not
Vehicle swept off Glass Window Bridge by waves
TWO men had a close call in Eleuthera last week after their vehicle got hit by monstrous waves at the Glass Window Bridge and was tossed onto rocks.One of them has faulted officials for not closing the bridge sooner, due to the sea conditions. Eleuth
Restoration begins at Grand Bahama Children's Home
RESTORATION efforts of the Grand Bahama Children’s Home and Columbus House are currently being carried out, according to Social Services Minister Frankie Campbell. Speaking to reporters yesterday on the side-lines of a press conference about Older Pe
'Govt to waive fees to replace documents'
A SPOKESPERSON for the United Haitian Community Front says government has agreed to waive fees associated with replacing documents of people who lost all belongings due to Hurricane Dorian. According to Louby Georges yesterday, the organisation has
Social services to review budget following storm
THE Ministry of Social Services will have to review its budget as it balances previous commitments with an increase in demand for public assistance in the aftermath of Hurricane Dorian, according to Social Services Minister Frankie Campbell. He also
Independence Park hosts NEMA relief distribution
HUNDREDS gathered at the Independence Park for Operation Relief Saturday – a major event organised by the National Emergency Management Agency to distribute much needed supplies, water, and hot meals to residents in a family fun atmosphere.Families f
Reservist cleared of sex charge - but guilty of abduction and assult of girl
RESERVE Sergeant Dwayne Decosta was unanimously acquitted yesterday of having sex with a 13-year-old girl at a police station last year, but was convicted of abducting and assaulting her.A nine-member jury—five men and four women—unanimously found th
Tennyson Wells dies age 72
Former Cabinet Minister and BAMSI Chairman Tennyson Wells died this morning at the age of 72.
Migrants warned: We will follow the law
PRIME Minister Dr Hubert Minnis said undocumented immigrants affected by Hurricane Dorian face no protections and will be subject to the country’s laws of apprehension and deportation.
Shanty town debris will be cleared
IRAM Lewis, the new minister of state for disaster preparedness, recovery and reconstruction, said the government will contract companies to remove debris from The Mudd and Pigeon Peas.
Bran: Give short-term provisional status
FORMER State Immigration Minister Branville McCartney thinks undocumented migrants who were displaced by Hurricane Dorian should be given provisional status as a measure for the government to get a handle on an illegal migration problem that could easily spiral out of control.
Tributes paid to Lachino
A BLUE urn held the remains of little Lachino Anton Dean on Saturday as distraught relatives gazed on, trying to make sense of a life cut short.Amid the utter destruction of Hurricane Dorian in Abaco, the eight-year-old boy was one of the monster sto
Newlyweds killed as house swept away by storm surge
AFTER tying the knot in June, LaTravalia Williams and Agno Daniel were planning to start a family, but they never knew that their house in Lady Lakes would flood and be swept off its foundations by a deadly storm surge during Hurricane Dorian on Sept


