Latest stories

Subscribe


Tease photo

Man fined $800 after admitting drug possession

A man was fined $800 on Friday after admitting to having an estimated $130 worth of marijuana on his person last week.

Tease photo

Man charged with grievous harm

A MAN was granted $7,000 bail after he was accused of seriously injuring another man in a fight earlier this month.

Tease photo

$2,500 fine for breaching curfew five times

A MAN on bail for manslaughter was fined $2,500 on Friday after he admitted to breaching his curfew five times to reportedly drop family members to work last month.


Mammogram Access Programme launches 'BeProActive Campaign'

THE Mammogram Access Programme (MAP) has launched a BeProActive Campaign to assist women in the public system to get breast cancer screening.

Tease photo

International Women's Day supplement

Friday, 8th March, 2024.

Tease photo

03082024 EDITION

Friday, 8th March 2024.


Tease photo

Clubs & Societies March 8, 2024.

EduKarting Bahamas held karting sprints and slalom racing at the BHRA Motorsports Park off Sport Centre Road on March 2-3.

Tease photo

The wreck of the HMS Lowstoffe

GREAT Inagua and Little Inagua boast some of the oldest and most enigmatic shipwrecks in The Bahamas, as they sit across the entrance to the Windward Passage.

Tease photo

BAIC acquires $400,000 feed mill in first phase of Golden Yolk Project

BAHAMAS Agricultural Industrial Corporation executive chairman Leroy Major said the government acquired a $400,000 animal feed mill for the first phase of its Golden Yolk Project and the development of the Bahamian egg industry.


EDITORIAL: Remembering a hero and guardian angel

PAUL Thompson was a guardian angel.

Tease photo

Nearly 300k applications not digitised at the Immigration Department causing excessive delays

THOUSANDS are still waiting to be processed by the Department of Immigration because their applications were not transferred to the department’s digital system, Immigration Minister Alfred Sears revealed in the House of Assembly yesterday.

Tease photo

Ministry of Housing looking to redevelop abandoned homes into affordable housing

HOUSING Minister Keith Bell said his ministry wants to introduce a pilot programme to redevelop abandoned properties and transform them into affordable housing areas.


Tease photo

Cable urges industry unity on URCA ‘budget travesty’

CABLE Bahamas is urging its rivals to join the battle against “this travesty in budget increases” for the sector’s regulator whose downtown Nassau headquarters it branded an “albatross”.

Tease photo

Bran blasts ‘disrespectful’ Gov’t on $250k damages

AN ex-Democratic National Alliance (DNA) leader yesterday blasted it is “so disrespectful” for the Government to ignore repeated requests to settle his $250,000 Village Road roadworks damages claim.

Tease photo

Gov’t’s $2.5m elevator cost ‘quite exceptional’

THE Bahamian Contractors Association’s (BCA) president says spending $2.5m to replace an elevator at the Government’s Cecil Wallace-Whitfield Centre is “quite exceptional”, and asked: “Is it made of gold?”


Tease photo

Sears unveils plan for NIB rate increase

ALFRED Sears, Minister of Immigration and National Insurance announced that NIB rates will increase by 1.5 percent effective July 1.

Tease photo

Police investigate alleged suicide

Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the alleged suicide of a 22-year-old woman on Friday.

Tease photo

‘RBDF set to guard mass migration from Haiti‘

DEFENCE Force Commodore Raymond King said the Royal Bahamas Defence Force has established a blockade in the south-eastern Bahamas to guard the country’s borders against possible mass migration from Haiti.


Tease photo

‘Rightfully outraged’ over cruise line video

TOURISM Minister Chester Cooper said Bahamians are “rightfully outraged” at a viral video of purported Carnival cruise line guests saying tourists are scared to leave the ship and have been warned by cruise lines that they could be robbed, drugged and raped in The Bahamas.

Tease photo

‘Homicide by manslaughter’ ruled in police shooting case

TWO officers were stunned after a jury returned a homicide by manslaughter finding yesterday at the end of an inquest into the death of two men killed by police near Cowpen Road on January 23, 2018.