Construction '1/3 Done' On Baha Mar

By NEIL HARTNELL

Tribune Business Editor

CONSTRUCTION work on Baha Mar's $2.6 billion Cable Beach redevelopment is "one-third complete", a senior executive said yesterday, after hitting a "significant milestone" with the installation of the last of 2,550 foundation pilings.

Robert Sands, Baha Mar's senior vice-president of government and external affairs, told Tribune Business that yesterday's installation of the last foundation piling was the last piece of "underground work" on the superstructure of the developer's resort campus.

Apart from the casino hotel and casino, that superstructure will also feature a 200,000 square foot convention centre, plus Hyatt, Rosewood and Morgans-branded resorts.

"The final foundation piling for the entire superstructure has gone in," Mr Sands told Tribune Business. "That's a very significant milestone for us. The significance is that all the foundation pilings have been installed, so everything done from now will be above ground. It's 2,550 foundation pilings in total."

Again expressing confidence that the Baha Mar campus superstructure would meet the target of being 100 feet above grade at July 1, 2012, a deadline it needs to meet for certain conditions under the revised Heads of Agreement to kick-in, Mr Sands said construction spend and worker numbers had not changed much since the 2011 year-end.

"We're one-third of the way," he told Tribune Business in terms of how much construction work had been completed, adding that the Baha Mar campus superstructure was targeted for finish by December 2013.

Comments

Butterfly 7 months, 4 weeks ago

Our position as one of the leading independent distributors of pipeline materials to the trade has been built on a commitment to customer service, investment in skilled friendly staff and by offering a substantial product range from respected manufacturers to suit our customers requirements. mdpe gas pipe

Butterfly 7 months, 4 weeks ago

The Furniture Directory stock good quality, solid oak and pine furniture for all tastes and budgets. office carpet tiles :: oak furniture wales ::led machine light

Rain 5 months ago

Thanks for providing this very useful information. I think alcohol can somewhat damage your mouth also. Over-indulgence of alcoholic beverages can place your teeth in danger of tooth decay as well as periodontal illness. If you are addicted to alcohal it will affect your body and will surely generate an erection. Erection is type of issue that needs a cure. It is totally be curable with effective and FDA approved generic drugs such as Silagra. To find out more interesting facts visit blog here:- Breguet

dana 2 months, 1 week ago

Now that the underground work is over they would be able to concentrate on the main construction work. Since they have such massive projects on hand they are going to need a good supply of construction materials. When I built my house few months back I bought all my metal supplies online including Steel Square Tubing which I bought from AllMetalsInc.com.

karina 1 month ago

The superstructure is going to be a prestigious project for the Bahamas, this project would bring many economic benefits to the region. I have been running a construction company for years and I know that projects sometimes take longer than expected, but I always aim to finish work as per schedule. I also help the clients find best solutions for their homes, just recently a client of mine was looking for security system for his home, so I suggested him to get security system from SlidingPatioDoorLock.com.

isabella 4 months, 2 weeks ago

They have still more work to do here to finish up this massive project on time. As far as the hotel is concerned they could try creating an elegant look with wooden furniture, they could find magnificent wooden furniture at http://crate.ca/.

karina 2 months, 3 weeks ago

This is indeed a massive project and this is going to bring positive financial changes for the region. Since they are building resorts, hotels, they should consider installing elevated paver system to make these building more convenient. At http://elevateddecksystems.com/, they would find paver system for such commercial projects also.

dana 1 month ago

They have only finished one third of the whole project and they still have huge amount of work left. Since, they have plans for building resorts, they should try to add some innovative touches to these places. Recently, I went to a beach resort where they had installed beautiful Exterior Sun Shades which I found to be really intriguing. You can find these shades online as well at http://swsuncontrol.com/.

leonardo85 4 months, 1 week ago

This is a massive project, so obviously it would take time to be completed. However, they should also focus on the vital areas like plumbing, they should hire the best plumbing service provider for doing the job. For my house I hired Action Air Plumbing for the job, I found them online at http://actionairplumbing.com/.

mike06 3 months, 1 week ago

A casino will artract the visitors. I know that many people love to gamble when they go on vacations. I am one of them. I recently was at LRCR and I spent a great time.

karina 3 weeks, 5 days ago

They have just finished one-third portion of the whole project and unless they work really fast it would be difficult for them to meet the deadline. However, for such massive construction works you need to use the best equipments. I am a owner of a construction company and for my projects I buy all the equipments online from the reputed manufacturers, for instance, I buy the Aluminum Extrusion from EZ Tube.

mike06 4 days, 2 hours ago

I think that this will provide a lot of jobs. A casino will atract a lot of tourists. As far as I know some of the casinos use security turnstiles. I am sure they will made the best selection of security turnstiles

isabella 4 hours, 23 minutes ago

They really need to work hard and really fast if they want to finish this project on time. I have been working for a remodeling company for years and I know that constructions works take plenty of time to finish. We mostly specialize in bathroom remodeling, just recently we finished remodeling a big resort and we used beautiful decorative drain covers which we found at DesignerDrains.com to give the bathrooms a glamorous look.