MEMBERS of the advocacy group Operation Sovereign Bahamas along with some out of work Atlantis employees were stopped yesterday morning from marching to Parliament.
DEPUTY Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Peter Turnquest yesterday condemned those responsible for illegal oil dumping in East Grand Bahama and warned they will be aggressively pursued by police.
HOUSE Speaker Halson Moultrie said he will turn in the key for his office at the end of this month because of its poor condition and that parliamentarians can hold a vote of no confidence in him over his position if they want.
THE Pan American Health Organisation says testing is the best way to slow the spread of COVID-19 and countries in the region should take that route.
A local civic leader has accused management at ZNS Freeport of not following proper protocols when an employee there recently tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently hospitalised.
THE Economic Recovery Committee has recommended that up to two ounces of marijuana be made legal for personal use in The Bahamas – this as Prime Minister Dr Hubert Minnis announced yesterday that criminal records for those convicted of having small amounts of the substance will be expunged starting next year.
THE Economic Recovery Committee has recommended a reduction to extended National Insurance Board unemployment benefit payments to $75 per week.
PRIME Minister Dr Hubert Minnis told The Tribune on Thursday he has not tested positive for COVID-19.
THE Progressive Liberal Party says it will not support another extension of the state of emergency to extend “the sole competent authority’s power to control the lives of the Bahamian people” for another month.
Preparations are afoot for a new Cabinet Office.
A 33-year-old man who claimed he smoked marijuana to help him breathe better was yesterday sentenced to six months in prison.
A 25-year-old man who was accused of killing another man last month by driving recklessly was granted $10,000 bail ahead of his trial.
A MAN who denied lying to a police officer was granted $1,000 bail ahead of his trial.
PRIME Minister Dr Hubert Minnis and all Cabinet ministers are to quarantine after Minister of Works Desmond Bannister tested positive for COVID-19.
PRIME Minister Dr Hubert Minnis on Wednesday announced the government's intention to extend the country’s state of emergency until November 30.