By LAMECH JOHNSON
Tribune Staff Reporter
A MURDER and robbery case in which a teenager is accused of beating a man to death is expected to be discontinued today.
Yesterday morning, Aaron Clarke Jr, 18, was scheduled to stand trial before Senior Justice Jon Isaacs, but prosecutor Eucal Bonaby told the judge it was the Crown’s intention to have the matter discontinued through a nolle prosequi.
Mr Bonaby said the decision had already been communicated to Clarke’s defence attorney, Murrio Ducille.
The prosecution requested an adjournment until the next morning, saying the document was before the Attorney General and awaiting her signature.
The adjournment was granted following no objection from the defence.
It was claimed that on January 28, 2011, Clarke beat Joshua Rolle near his home on Buttonwood Avenue, Pinewood Gardens and robbed him of a gold chain and pendant worth $5,000.
The victim, a father of two and a dialysis patient, succumbed to his injuries two days later on January 30.
Clarke has denied the charges against him.
The accused was also represented by Krysta Mason-Smith and Nathan Smith. Anishka Hanchell represents the Crown along with Mr Bonaby.
Court proceedings begin at 10am.