The Nomadixx @ Hammerheads
• The Bahamas newest live hip hop band is set will perform at Hammerheads Thursday night at 10pm.
The band will performa original compositions and covers including old school and new hip hop music. The Nomadixx came together a few months ago and is made up of seasoned musicians, who have at one point or another performed with other successful bands. Band members include R.A.P.P Quelle - vocals, Nano Mira -guitar, Mara The Donna - vocals, Enrique Rolle “Ricky” - drums/beats, Quinton Rahming - bass and Terry Johnson - keys.
Konshens in Concert
• Reggae Superstar Konshens will make his way to the Bahamas along with Elephant for a highly fueled show this Friday night. The event will be held at Club Luna and is one of the biggest concerts of the year. The event is host by Playhouse Entertainment, who promises the event will be worthwhile experience.
Brutha Magazine Fall Fashion Issue Release Party
• Brutha Magazine will launch its fall fashion issue on September 27. The event will be held at the Bullion Lounge, British Colonial Hilton Hotel. The release party will feature fashions designer Theodore Elyett, David Rolle, former Miss Bahamas Universe Celeste Marshall, and Marquista Thompson.
The host for the night will be Kedar Clarke and there will be a performance by Bahamian singer Julien.
The release party starts at 7pm.
All Stars Band Day
• As they prepare to make their way to Washington DC, the Bahamas All Stars Band will host the All Stars Day event this Saturday at Western Esplanade beginning 11am-6pm.
All Stars Day will be a family fun-day for all ages, displaying the positive activities taking place among the young members in the group and other musical groups.
The band is seeking to raise funds for its upcoming trip to Washington DC where they will be performing during the Howard University Home Coming Parade on October 26.
• Paradise Plates is a unique evening of gourmet food, wine, beer and cocktail tastings, complimented by an assortment of live entertainment, an often thrilling silent auction and raffle.
In a casual setting of elegant d�cor, chefs from the island’s top restaurants will be featuring the best of their culinary treasures and signature creations to the delight of 450 guests. Paradise Plates helps to provide funding for Hands For Hunger’s food rescue program, food security research and education programs. Funds raised will help to keep our food rescue trucks on the road, support our efforts in the fight against hunger and help Hands For Hunger expand its programs to make a significant impact on chronic hunger and food insecurity challenges in The Bahamas. For more information contact (242) 327-1660.
• The I’s Man documentary by Dr Ian Strachan will be screened for a second time on October 3 at the Galleria Cinema JFK.
By way of interviews with college professors, journalists, counsellors, entrepreneurs, artists and entertainers, a cross section of Bahamians contribute their views on issues surrounding manhood in the Bahamas. Individuals such as Nicolette Bethel, Dr Juliette Storr, Utah Taylor Rolle, Marlon Johnson, TAP, and Chrissy Love are featured on the documentary.
The event begins at 8pm.