By LAMECH JOHNSON
Tribune Staff Reporter
A SUPREME Court jury returned a unanimous guilty verdict yesterday against a man standing trial accused of molesting his 15-year-old daughter ten times in the last two months of 2010.
The case closed yesterday after Justice Indra Charles summed up the evidence in the three-day trial before excusing the jury to deliberate on a verdict concerning the November-December 2010 sexual assaults.
The teenager, now an adult, told a nine-member jury that her father had “grinded” her some ten times. Armed with a knife, she said, he threatened to kill her if she ever told anyone.
The man denied the incest charges. His lawyer, Devard Williams, suggested to his daughter that she was making up the complaints because she was a troubled girl who was “fast” and had a boyfriend of her own.
The complainant denied fabricating the complaints. She said her father, who reportedly owned up to what he had done, tried to get her to drop the case through his lawyer, who had called her after charges had been brought against him.
The man is scheduled to return to the Supreme Court for sentencing on March 3.
Terry Archer prosecuted the case.