0

Murder Accused Offers Alibi In Court

By LAMECH JOHNSON

Tribune Staff Reporter

ljohnson@tribunemedia.net

A MAN offered an alibi in Supreme Court on Friday that suggested he was not behind the murder of the boyfriend of a leading anti-crime activitist earlier this year

Sean Thompson, 24, of Nassau Village, stood before Justice Bernard Turner where he was formally arraigned concerning the September 15 shooting death Roberto “Bonaby” Williams.

Williams, 33 and then boyfriend of Families of All Murder Victims president Khandi Gibson, was shot and killed by two men outside a residence near the Sadie Curtis Primary School around 8am.

Thompson was not required to enter a plea when arraigned in Magistrates Court in September due to the nature of the offence.

On Friday however, Thompson said "not guilty" when called on to enter a plea.

He then told Justice Turner that he did not commit the offence as "I was at home at the time with my girlfriend".

The judge noted the claim and informed the accused that he would appear before Senior Justice Stephen Isaacs on January 22, 2016 to receive a date for trial concerning Williams' murder.

A purported video of the incident - which was shared on Facebook more than 700 times and had more than 27,000 views - shows two gunmen shooting at a man who appears to be Mr Williams.

The victim was shot multiple times. In the 57-second clip - which appeared to be recorded on a cell phone from video surveillance footage outside the victim’s home - Williams is seen throwing out the trash and then walking toward a blue SUV and opening the car’s door.

Seconds after the victim approached the vehicle, two armed men, one with a white cloth covering his head, emerged and began firing at the victim.

He collapsed and the men are seen running away before escaping in a white vehicle.

?Thompson remains on remand at the Department of Correctional Services.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.