Two Charged With Murder Outside Nightclub


Tribune Staff Reporter


TWO men were charged in court yesterday in connection with the shooting death of a father of two outside a nightclub on Elizabeth Avenue last Saturday morning.

Prosecutors also charged the nightclub’s two owners, who are brothers, with several offences yesterday.

Ice Davis, 23, of Churchill Avenue, Chippingham, and Anfernee Jenoure, 20, of Sir Lynden Pindling Estates were charged with murder and accessory after the fact to murder, respectively.

They were brought before Magistrate Andrew Forbes in connection with the June 25 murder of Rozario Palacious at Club Crazy Moon.

It is alleged that subsequent to Davis murdering Palacious, Jenoure, knowing that Davis committed the offence, helped him avoid the due process of the law.

Neither Davis nor Jenoure were required to enter a plea for their respective charges. They were both remanded to the Bahamas Department of Correctional Services (BDCS).

Meanwhile the nightclub’s owners, Craig Wells, 38, and Carlos Wells, 43, both entered not guilty pleas to four separate charges before Magistrate Forbes. The brothers were charged with perverting the course of justice, keeping a brothel, opening beyond business license requirements and not having a business license in a conspicuous place.

Both matters were adjourned to July 29 at 10am for the presentation of a voluntary bill of indictment (VBI).

The Wells brothers were denied bail for all four charges and remanded to the BDCS. They return to court for summary trial on September 8 at 10am.

According to initial reports, police received a call shortly before 7am about a body of a man lying in the parking lot near a nightclub on Elizabeth Avenue. Police first reported that officers found a man who had apparent stab wounds.

However, according to Chief Superintendent Clayton Fernander in a later interview, the victim’s injuries appeared to be more consistent with gunshot wounds.

The man’s body was discovered sprawled in the parking lot next to a vehicle. Officials have said that they believe the body had been there for two to three hours.

That death pushed the country’s murder toll to 61 for the year.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.