By LAMECH JOHNSON
Tribune Staff Reporter
A TEEN was sentenced to six years in prison as part of a plea deal after he admitted responsibility for shooting at a house occupied by two witnesses in a murder case.
Jonathan Davis, 18, appeared before Justice Bernard Turner days after he pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life with his victims being Kendeno Knowles and Shanko Smith.
He initially faced conspiracy to murder and attempted murder charges relating to the shooting that occurred in June.
However, after an early plea of guilt and his claim that he had only intended to scare the pair, the prosecution reduced the charges to possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
Justice Turner yesterday noted that the teen was already serving a sentence for assault with a deadly weapon that had been imposed on him in July and was due to be completed in January 2017.
The judge denounced Davis’ actions and said he was fortunate that the Crown agreed to reduce the charges.
Taking into account his age and all of the circumstances, Davis was sentenced to six years at the Department of Correctional Services.
The victims of his crime were witnesses in the murder trial of Lynden Prosper, Denard Davis and Deangelo Adderley, which was heard by Justice Turner last month.
The three were on trial for the November 3, 2010 murder of Sheria Curry and the attempted murder of her son, Shanko Smith. They had denied the allegations.
Witnesses said they saw Prosper and Adderley shooting from a sports utility vehicle (SUV) that passed the Step Street, Fox Hill home of Curry and her son on November 3, 2010.
Curry was fatally shot in the head and her son was hit in the leg.
No witness identified Davis, but he admitted to driving the SUV during his interview with police.
Prosper, Adderley and Davis return to Supreme Court on November 23 for sentencing.