UNDER the patronage of Governor General of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas Cornelius and Lady Clara Smith, the Duke of Edinburgh Cup Tournament will be held this weekend at Atlantis on Paradise Island.
The Golf Clinic for Students of the GGYC will take place at 10am on Saturday at the Ocean Golf Club, the Networking Cocktail Reception and Presentation of Awards to Legacy Sponsors will follow at 6pm at Atlantis and the Duke of Edinburgh Cup Semi-Finals Charity Golf Tournament will wrap things up at 8am on Sunday at the Ocean Club Golf Club.
GGYA’s primary fundraising event is The Duke of Edinburgh Cup Semi- Finals Golf Tournament.
The full proceeds of the tournament impact approximately 2,000 GGYA students across The Bahamas, supporting meaningful programmes under four pillars: voluntary service; skill development; physical recreation; and adventurous journey. GGYA helps to develop universal life skills, complementing students’ formal education.
Interested persons can get involved by helping the youth award programme through one of the following ways:
• Entering a team in the Tournament (4 persons made up of 2 twosomes) as a Bronze Sponsor ($5,000)
• Sponsoring a Hole, where your business or charity is featured ($1,500)
• Or donating in any amount
Participants and winners are eligible for many gifts and prizes including:
• All-expense paid trip to England for the Duke of Edinburgh Cup Finals for First Place and Second Place twosomes
• A multitude of weekend packages, Aquaventure passes and dining Prizes at Atlantis, Paradise Island
• 2022 Mercedes C- Class Sedan Hole in One Prize, donated by Tyreflex Star Motors
• Dazzling Men and Ladies Prizes donated by John Bull
• Delights donated by Graycliff Cigars and Chocolatiers