SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Self-driving car pioneer Waymo is teaming up with automakers Renault and Nissan to make its first journey outside the U.S. with a ride-hailing service that will dispatch a fleet of robotaxis in France and Japan.
• Vice President Mike Pence says the National Hurricane Center will improve its storm surge warnings this season thanks to three new satellites.
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Apple, beset by falling iPhone sales, announced upcoming changes to its phone and computer software intended to highlight its increasing emphasis on digital services and to further position it as a fierce guardian of personal privacy.
• The German government is extending a system of incentives to buy electric cars by 18 months until the end of 2020.
A giant six-engine aircraft with the world’s longest wingspan completed what company officials called a superb initial flight over California’s Mojave Desert, bringing to life a dream held by the late Microsoft co-founder Paul G Allen.
When Samsung said this year it would launch a smartphone with a folding screen, the big question was whether the innovation was something people actually wanted or needed.
• An Israeli spacecraft crashed into the moon just moments before touchdown, failing in an ambitious attempt to make history last week as the first privately funded lunar landing.
Google is celebrating composer Johann Sebastian Bach with its first artificial intelligence-powered Doodle.
When eighth-grader Alyssa Lingen started her information and communications technology class this year at Patrick Henry Middle School, the art student was repulsed by anything related to computer science, she said.
• NASA has nixed the first all-female spacewalk over a spacesuit sizing issue.
Virgin Galactic’s rocket plane reached space for a second time in a test flight over California on Friday, climbing higher and faster than before while also carrying a crew member to evaluate the long-awaited passenger experience.
China’s Huawei unveiled a new folding-screen phone on Sunday, joining the latest trend for bendable devices as it challenges the global smartphone market’s dominant players, Apple and Samsung.
• One of the US’ aircraft carriers will spend the next two years in dry dock for some maintenance and state-of-the-art upgrades.
• Twitter said yesterday it is tightening up rules for European Union political ads ahead of bloc-wide elections this spring, following similar moves by fellow tech giants Facebook and Google.
Master Yoda, dust off his French, he must.