Global South Media and Think Tank Forum focuses on development and revitalisation
US President Donald Trump famously asked about immigration to America at a meeting with congress members at the White House “Why are we having all these people from s***hole countries come here?”
Coach Mark Hanna and his Net Breakers win
Coach Mark Hanna and his Net Breakers basketball club went to Grand Bahama over the weekend and captured both the under-13 and under-15 titles in the 13th annual 3 Oz Athletics Christmas Basketball Tournament.
BFA announces selection of Bahamian match officials to FIFA’s prestigious 2025 International Referee Lists
THE Bahamas Football Association (BFA) is pleased to announce the selection of Bahamian match officials to FIFA’s prestigious 2025 International Referee Lists.
Protecting casinos against financial crime exploitation
Casinos are high-risk institutions when it comes to exploitation by money launderers due to the volume of cash transactions, their global clientele, and the ease of blending legitimate funds with illicit proceeds.
UPDATED: Two dead in Bernard Road shooting
Two men have been killed and three more people hurt in a shooting in Bernard Road.
Teen granted bail after alleged armed robbery at RM Bailey park
A 15-year-old boy was granted emergency bail on Friday after he and a group of teens were accused of robbing a woman at gunpoint at RM Bailey park last month.
PM not worried about jobs after Baha Mar case ruling
Prime Minister Philip Davis has downplayed concerns about the potential impact of the multi-billion judgment against China Construction America (CCA) in favour of Sarkis Izmirlian on hotel operations and jobs at British Colonial and Margaritaville Beach Resort.
Teen granted bail in assault case
A teen was granted bail after she was accused of seriously injuring a man earlier this month.
Man sentenced to two months for $300 car part theft
A MAN was sentenced to two months in prison on Friday after he admitted to stealing $300 worth of car parts last week.
Suspect arrested in viral video of street attack
Police have arrested a 41-year-old man in connection with the brutal assault of a woman that sparked outrage after it was captured on video and circulated on social media this week.
Controversial cemetery proposal is dismissed
A SIX-YEAR battle over a controversial 13-acre cemetery proposed for Bernard Road has resulted in the developer’s application being dismissed by the planning authorities.
‘Have a vote on bi-monthly pay proposal’
THE Bahamas Public Service Union (BPSU) president Kimsley Ferguson has called for a structured poll to determine public servants’ opinions on the proposed shift to bi-monthly pay.
‘14 unions have strike certificates’
PRESIDENT of the Trade Union Congress (TUC) Obie Ferguson said 14 unions are holding strike certificates, signalling their preparedness to take industrial action as unresolved labour disputes with the government persist.
AG: No concern over jobs
ATTORNEY General Ryan Pinder said he is not concerned about potential job losses at two Nassau resorts after a New York court rejected their owners’ bid to prevent Sarkis Izmirlian from enforcing a $1.6bn damages award.
CCA told pay $1.9B to pursue appeal
A key Sarkis Izmirlian ally yesterday asserted “it doesn’t take a blind man” to see that Baha Mar’s contractor will likely lose its appeal against the growing $1.642bn damages awarded to the original developer.
Balmoral’s $25m hotel appeal ruling labelled ‘win-win’
THE Balmoral Club’s president yesterday hailed the planning appeals Board’s decision to overturn rejection of its $25m condo hotel as “a win-win” for both developer and the community.
Ten months in jail for man who breached bail conditions
A MAN was sentenced to ten months in prison after admitting he violated the conditions of his bail in a firearm-related case.
Be a good Samaritan
THE recent brutal and unprovoked attack on a woman in our community has sparked widespread outrage, with countless verbal and written comments pouring in.
Man denies role in armed carjack and police chase
A 44-year-old man has denied involvement in an armed carjacking that led to a police chase earlier this year.



