0

520 new cases of COVID-19

There were 520 new cases of COVID-19 reported on Thursday – a new record for a single day – bringing the total number to 24,996.

New Providence had 474 of the new cases, Grand Bahama had 27, Abaco had four, Exuma had one, Crooked Island had one and the locations are pending for 13 cases.

Twenty-six people are currently in hospital with COVID-19.

Comments

tribanon 7 months, 2 weeks ago

They will never reveal that kind of info.

1

TalRussell 7 months, 2 weeks ago

What we know for certainty is that the major vaccines are working as positively expected. But being we are testing but a handful few - its impossible for de colony's health offices to completely say with any accuracy, how many has Covid, ― Yes?

1

Twocent 7 months, 2 weeks ago

All the data coming out of nations ahead of us in dealing with Omicron show that, whether Vaxxed or unvaxxed, the whole population, unless practicing active avoidance/isolation, will get omicron. The numbers will soar very quickly and suddenly drop as fast as they rose. However, the study (sourced below) shows that, “ Well-preserved T cell immunity to Omicron is likely to contribute to protection from severe COVID-19, supporting early clinical observations from South Africa.” in other words….if you get Omicron you will have immunity to the other strains. No data is being released as to whether the hospitalized cases are vaxxed or unvaxxed. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.11...">https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.11...

0

SP 7 months, 2 weeks ago

This is the first time during the pandemic that I know people with covid and it just so happens that ALL of them are fully vaxed and some even boosted!

0

ohdrap4 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Ready to convert SP? We told you so.

9 months ago Walenski said the vaccines stopped transmission and infection. CDC recanted since.

The vaccines have failed.

1

ThisIsOurs 7 months, 2 weeks ago

We really need to start thinking for ourselves and stop repeating the global party line. This is not an anti-vax statement.

The evidence was there from the start that there had to be another solution. Because globally only 5% of the population contracted COVID. That should have been the angle of research, "why" werent the other 95% getting sick? not this vaccines for all that had some people ready to kill, starve and exile their fellow Bahamians

But the media locally kept glossing over the facts in their zeal to push vaccinations

1

tribanon 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Wuhan Virus testing and the new wave of mRNA vaccines are BIG, BIG, HUMONGOUSLY PROFITABLE BUSINESS for the few very evil and sinister oligarchal multi-gillionaires who are controlling governments around the world these days.

1

ohdrap4 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Where they have started to use the new PCR, like in Brazil and UK, 50% of the positive PCR results is now the flu.

The vaccination should have been targeted and the population should have been taught about vitamin D3 and zinc. Many with comorbities are deficient in D3.

Holland was locked down from before Christmas until mid January, now extended tovend of January. People out on the street clashing with police.

However, Minnis and his yes men fell, and, so far, we live with a lot fewer restriction than other places.

They even built concentration camps in Australia, and Germany and Austria are implementing forced vaccination.

At a personal level, having had many encounters with karens prior to covid, I discovered that even close friends and family are karens. Sad to be shunned, but it is ridiculous.

0

carltonr61 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Head of the USA Pentagon Mr Austin, who is fully vaccinated and fully boosted is currently in quarantine having been tested covid positive. Vaccinated I know are sicker than unvaccinated and rushed to be boosted scared out of their wits.

1

bobby2 7 months, 1 week ago

Why doesn't the Tribune block caroton61 from posting in comments section. It's obvious that vast majority of his Covid posts are 100% false & most likely made up by him/her simply to cause chaos & mis-information.

0

carltonr61 7 months, 1 week ago

Why does booby2 think the story is made up.

0

Sign in to comment