Photo detail

BPL CEO Pamela Hill.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

BPL boss insists it’s getting better

BAHAMAS Power & Light CEO Pamela Hill yesterday defended the company’s $1.1m performance bonus under the former Christie administration, pointing to “step by step improvements” and “higher reliability” of BPL’s services as justification for the controversial incentive.

Tease photo

Investigation into island-wide outage

AN investigation is underway to determine what caused an island-wide outage in the capital early on Thursday, just hours after Bahamas Power and Light admitted the corporation was experiencing generator challenges.

Tease photo

BPL says just two per cent without power in New Providence

BAHAMAS Power and Light has restored electricity to approximately 98 per cent of customers in New Providence and has completed restoration efforts in the Family Islands, the company said.

Tease photo

BPL: We will have 75% restored by weekend

AS thousands of Bahamians continue to grapple with conditions left behind by Hurricane Matthew made harder in the absence of electricity, Bahamas Power and Light Ltd said the company aims to have 75 per cent of customer services restored by the end of the week and outlined its plan to reconnect the remaining 25 per cent.

Tease photo

Maintenance failure one reason for power cuts

A LACK of proper maintenance as well as extreme heat has put immense pressure on Bahamas Power and Light’s (BPL) aging generators, with officials saying the electricity outages that have affected New Providence residents for the past few weeks are nowhere near over.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment