Google’s acquisition of wearable pioneer Fitbit may be a bold plunge into health and fitness technology. But it’s also just the latest step in the internet giant’s often-halting effort to become a force in consumer hardware.
• The University of Wisconsin-Madison is using rolling robots to deliver food.
BERLIN (AP) — German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Sunday she wants to drastically increase the number of charging stations for electric cars in Germany to give consumers more confidence to switch over to electric from internal combustion engines.
A revolution in transportation is taking place around the world – and now The Bahamas can join in by switching to more cost-effective, efficient and sustainable 100% electric vehicles (EVs) thanks to a partnership between an established local car dealership and a global distributor.
NEW YORK (AP) — A new venture backed by many of video gaming’s biggest publishers is unveiling a network that hopes to be to esports what ESPN has been to traditional sports.
• A new project to explore the wreck of the ship dubbed as New England’s Titanic is underway.
NEW YORK (AP) — Amazon’s self-driving robots will be roaming the streets of another neighbourhood.
ABIKO, Japan (AP) — Japanese electronics maker NEC Corp. on Monday showed a “flying car,” a large drone-like machine with four propellers that hovered steadily for about a minute.
• A Texas airport has begun testing a driverless shuttle outfitted with cameras and sensors to ensure passengers are transported safely and without the danger of being hit.
Much of the technology common in daily life today originates from the drive to put a human being on the Moon. This effort reached its pinnacle when Neil Armstrong stepped off the Eagle landing module onto the lunar surface 50 years ago.
• Residents in Providence, Rhode Island, are paying more for a ride on the city’s popular electric bikes. JUMP, an Uber-owned company, announced a change in its pricing model Monday.
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — SpaceX launched its heftiest rocket with 24 research satellites Tuesday, a middle-of-the-night rideshare featuring a deep space atomic clock, solar sail, a clean and green rocket fuel testbed, and even human ashes.
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Self-driving car pioneer Waymo is teaming up with automakers Renault and Nissan to make its first journey outside the U.S. with a ride-hailing service that will dispatch a fleet of robotaxis in France and Japan.
• Vice President Mike Pence says the National Hurricane Center will improve its storm surge warnings this season thanks to three new satellites.
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Apple, beset by falling iPhone sales, announced upcoming changes to its phone and computer software intended to highlight its increasing emphasis on digital services and to further position it as a fierce guardian of personal privacy.