February 27, 2019
Princess Margaret Hospital. Photo: Shawn Hanna/Tribune staff
Stories this photo appears in:
HEALTH Minister Dr Duane Sands said officials are looking at various nursing homes to provide alternative accommodations for boarders at Princess Margaret Hospital. Not only does the situation create a burden on public finances, but it has exacerbat
THE Public Hospitals Authority is warning the general public about the speed limit at Princess Margaret Hospital after an elderly man died when he was struck by a vehicle in the hospital compound Friday morning.
ELECTIVE surgeries at Princess Margaret Hospital will resume today, according to Health Minister Dr Duane Sands. Procedures were canceled by health officials earlier this week due to overcrowding at the public hospital, compounded by boarders, bed a
ELECTIVE surgeries at Princess Margaret Hospital have once again been cancelled due to overcrowding at the public hospital, Health Minister Dr Duane Sands revealed yesterday.
ELECTIVE surgeries at Princess Margaret Hospital have resumed after the procedures were suspended for a week due to the hospital’s malfunctioning sterilisation equipment.
SENATOR Dr Michael Darville has called for the government to address the reasoning behind "malfunctioning sterilisation equipment” at Princess Margaret Hospital, which have reportedly led to the suspension of several elective surgeries at the hospital.
CONSTRUCTION at Princess Margaret Hospital’s Accident and Emergency Department will temporarily block access to the area’s main entrance off Elizabeth Avenue for a few months starting Monday, Health Minister Dr Duane Sands said yesterday. Patients w
HEALTH Minister Dr Duane Sands said yesterday that the issue of bed shortages at Princess Margaret Hospital will not be resolved until emergency care services at the Elizabeth Estates and South Beach clinics have expanded and renovations at PMH’s emergency department have been completed.
AMID concerns about the unemployment status of some 20 junior doctors at Princess Margaret Hospital, Health Minister Dr Duane Sands yesterday explained that those unconfirmed physicians will not be fired, but transferred to other posts in the public
The US company selected to deliver the “crashed” $18m Public Hospitals Authority (PHA) contract yesterday appeared confused about its client’s identity as it defended its performance.
The “crashed” healthcare data contract was critical to cutting Princess Margaret Hospital’s $88m income deficit, which exists despite patient days being five times’ higher than in other Caribbean nations.
MORE than 20 people were evacuated from Abaco and brought to Princess Margaret Hospital in New Providence with wide ranging injuries following Hurricane Dorian’s passage. While Health Minister Dr Duane Sands initially placed the number at 21, the Pu
JUNIOR doctors have asked for real property tax exemptions, Crown land for the construction of an office, duty-free exemptions on car imports or the construction of a paid parking lot at Princess Margaret Hospital with the proceeds to be split between the government and the Bahamas Doctors Union.
DISGRUNTLED employees of the record’s section in Princess Margaret Hospital staged a sit-out yesterday because of no air-conditioning in their department. Bahamas Public Services Union President Kimsley Ferguson said the air-conditioner in that part
PRINCESS Margaret Hospital is currently tackling a backlog of more than 100 surgeries which were postponed earlier this month while the hospital investigated a suspected sabotage attack, Health Minister Dr Duane Sands said yesterday. Speaking to rep
PATIENTS of Princess Margaret Hospital’s Children’s Ward were temporarily relocated to the hospital’s former Intensive Care Unit on Wednesday evening, following insufficient cooling capacity to the ward. “Minor wear and tear issues were discovered,
NON-EMERGENCY surgeries will resume today at Princess Margaret Hospital following a brief suspension, the Public Hospitals Authority announced yesterday. “All patients whose procedures were cancelled during the temporary suspension will be reschedul
AS Princess Margaret Hospital grapples with rescheduling more than 50 non-emergency surgeries that were cancelled over sabotage suspicions connected to the facility’s chilling system, officials plan to follow through with prosecution if recommended by police.
PRINCESS Margaret Hospital has suspended non-emergency surgeries this week while it investigates a suspected sabotage attack.
THE Princess Margaret Hospital is suspending non-emergency surgeries while it investigates possible sabotage at the hospital.
PRINCESS Margaret Hospital cancelled admissions and elective surgeries yesterday until further notice following a Montel Heights mass shooting, which compounded an ongoing overcrowding and boarding issue at the Accident and Emergency Department.
PRINCESS Margaret Hospital is owed over $700m in unpaid bills accumulated over the last 30 years, Health Minister Dr Duane Sands said yesterday.
HEALTH Minister Dr Duane Sands yesterday cheered several recent upgrades to Princess Margaret Hospital’s Dialysis Unit, calling the improvements pieces in improving the nation’s overall health sector.
STAFF at Princess Margaret Hospital’s Morgue Department staged a walkout yesterday due to the discovery of mould. The matter has been remediated, according to PHA Deputy Managing Director Lyrone Burrows, who explained the development was likely due to the improper use of an air-conditioning closet.
THE Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH) collects less than $200,000 a year from the 60,000 emergency room patients it treats, a Cabinet minister revealing: “We pay more in salaries for staff to collect that money”.
TWO procedures at Princess Margaret Hospital had to be cancelled last week when the hospital’s two functioning autoclave machines temporarily ceased to function, Health Minister Dr Duane Sands said Friday.
THIRTY Bahamian nurses left Princess Margaret Hospital in a span of two months, Bahamas Nurses Union president Amancha Williams said yesterday.
JOHNS Hopkins Medicine, one of the world’s top medical institutions, has expressed interest in exploring the merits of a strategic “Nation Health Services Agreement” with the Bahamas government to create a Caribbean Centre of Excellence to transform the delivery of healthcare in our nation, said Health Minister Dr Duane Sands yesterday.