Photo detail

Princess Margaret Hospital. (File photo)

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Teenager denies ‘rape’ in hospital incident

NATIONAL Security Minister Wayne Munroe said both a 14-year-old girl and 52-year-old patient have denied an alleged incident at the Princess Margaret Hospital.

Tease photo

PMH incident - let’s wait for the facts

SOCIAL Services Minister Obie Wilchcombe said an alleged incident involving a minor at the Princess Margaret Hospital raises alarm and sheds light on security at the hospital.

Tease photo

PMH child ‘incident’ is probed by police

EQUALITY Bahamas has called for a full investigation into an incident at the Princess Margaret Hospital involving a minor, while it accused the institution of failing to maintain a safe environment.

Tease photo

‘Patients waiting on trolleys’ at PMH, warns FNM chairman

FORMER Health Minister Dr Duane Sands has said a number of consequences have manifested due to Princess Margaret Hospital reaching its maximum capacity as a result of non-COVID19 cases.

Tease photo

PMH at full capacity, say officials

PRINCESS Margaret Hospital is full, officials reported last night – but not because of COVID-19.

Tease photo

Hospital limits public visitation

PRINCESS Margaret Hospital as of yesterday has limited visitation from the public due to an increase in COVID-19 positive cases in the country.

Tease photo

Nurses warn non-urgent surgery delay may be lengthy

BAHAMAS Nurses Union President Amancha Williams says Princess Margaret Hospital’s non-urgent surgical procedure backlog could continue for a long time, as large numbers of nurses continue to leave the public system for lucrative opportunities abroad.

Tease photo

‘Significant’ wait for non-urgent surgeries

THE Public Hospitals Authority yesterday said there may be significant wait times for non-urgent surgical procedures at Princess Margaret Hospital.

Tease photo

‘Phased return to normal’ for PMH

THE Princess Margaret Hospital has commenced a phased return to normal hospital services while continuing to ensure the safety of patients and staff in the current COVID19 environment.

Tease photo

Fire hits hospital ER room

SOME patients had to be evacuated from Princess Margaret Hospital’s Emergency Department early yesterday morning after a patient who had been placed in an isolation room started a fire.

Tease photo

PMH suspends elective care

PRINCESS Margaret Hospital has commenced prevention protocols due to the rapid increase in new COVID-19 cases, suspending elective surgeries as of today.

Tease photo

PMH update on Emergency Department assistance

ONLY people needing emergency medical attention should seek assistance at Princess Margaret Hospital's Emergency Department, the facility advised on Friday.

Tease photo

Hospital to start ‘phased return’ to normal services

PRINCESS Margaret Hospital will start a phased return to normal services amidst the current COVID- 19 environment. It will begin the shift to a hybrid model of care providing for more face-to-face appointments supported by virtual appointments, which began December 6 and continues into January 2022.

Tease photo

PHA launches investigation into complaint after death at PMH

THE Public Hospitals Authority has launched an investigation into a recent complaint that alleged negligence caused the death of a woman being treated at the Princess Margaret Hospital.

Tease photo

Unvaccinated still dominate numbers

NINETY-TWO percent of the people who died or were admitted to the Princess Margaret Hospital for COVID-19 in October were unvaccinated, according to the Public Hospitals Authority.

Tease photo

PMH bed space issue seeing ‘some relief’

With COVID-19 cases declining and hospital rates down, Health and Wellness Minister Dr Michael Darville said the issue with Princess Margaret Hospital’s bed space is seeing “some relief”.

Tease photo

PHA launches inquiry after reports alleging mistreatment of patients

IN the wake of news reports about alleged mistreatment of patients at Princess Margaret Hospital’s Maternity Ward, the Public Hospitals Authority issued a statement saying it has initiated an internal inquiry to identify any deficiencies in care.

Tease photo

Country cannot sustain COVID cases rise 'much longer'

TOP public health officials have warned that the country cannot sustain the continued rise of COVID-19 cases and hospitalisations “for much longer” as both resources and staff remain stretched beyond capacity.

Tease photo

PMH boss warns stress on staff at record high

AN alarming number of healthcare workers forced into COVID-19 quarantine has left Princess Margaret Hospital in a state of “unprecedented stress”, a senior Public Hospital Authority official said.

Tease photo

PMH: If you’ve had a COVID test, bring the results if you need care

PUBLIC hospital officials are asking people who show up at Princess Margaret Hospital for medical care to present a recent PCR or rapid antigen test if they are able to do so.

Tease photo

Sick-outs still affecting healthcare services

AFTER more than a week of staff sick-outs, officials said on Friday that while normal operations resumed at the Sandilands Rehabilitation Centre and at institutions in Grand Bahama, services at Princess Margaret Hospital continued to be affected by delays.

Tease photo

PMH has ‘passed breaking point’

A TOP doctor at Princess Margaret Hospital described the strain COVID-19 has on the hospital in stark terms yesterday, insisting the institution has “passed the breaking point”.

Tease photo

Hospitals suffer as sick out continues

A STAFF sick out at public hospitals in New Providence and Grand Bahama severely affected healthcare services on the islands for a fourth day, the Public Hospitals Authority said yesterday.

Tease photo

MASS SICKOUT HITS HOSPITALS: Workers strike over being omitted from ‘COVID payments’

SERVICES at public hospitals were severely affected yesterday by a sickout involving staff who have not received honorariums.

Tease photo

‘Every bed full’ as COVID surge goes on

PUBLIC Hospitals Authority Managing Director Catherine Weech said officials are making makeshift arrangements to handle COVID-19 patients because “every bed is full”.

Tease photo

Morgue overfull at hospital

THE morgue at Princess Margaret Hospital is operating beyond capacity sparking an appeal from officials yesterday for the collection of remains.

Tease photo

PMH forced to restrict services as cases surge

PRINCESS Margaret Hospital has suspended all elective surgeries and only emergency cases are being allowed in response to an influx of COVID-19 cases in recent weeks.

Tease photo

NO-JAB PATIENTS LEAVE PMH FULL: New warnings as vaccine hesitancy fills hospital beds

AN uptick in COVID-19 cases has left Princess Margaret Hospital operating at full capacity, according to PMH administrator Mary Walker.

Tease photo

Newborn injured in PMH unit

THE Public Hospitals Authority yesterday confirmed recent reports of an incident at the Princess Margaret Hospital that affected an infant who was injured during IV therapy.

Tease photo

INSIGHT: The long road to creating a billing system for hospital

For decades, thousands of people have used the Princess Margaret Hospital and other health facilities without ever being sent a bill creating the perception for many that we have a “free” public health service.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment